Product Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation
I bought this foundation as an early investment for my makeup kit, because Revlon Colorstay has lots of great reviews and recommendations from fellow makeup artists, so if you just start building your kit or you just want a go to drugstore foundation with good quality, this is one of the best in the market.
For myself, I’m perfectly matched with shade “Warm Golden”, but since that shade only available in Revlon Colorstay Whipped, I don’t know why?, but in Jakarta, I cannot find “warm Golden” in Liquid form, so I have to settle with “Medium Beige” , which is a match with my face, but a little lighter than my neck.For my case, fortunately this foundation oxidized within 30 minutes of application, so my face will be the same shade with my neck.
I found this foundation best applied with stippling brush or wet sponge for airbrushed finish, the finish is semi-matte, must be blended fast, because this foundation set very fast, medium coverage but build-able to full coverage, for matte finish need to be set with powder.
· Good quality for drugstore price
· Last for a long time, in my case without primer it can last for 8 to 10 hours, with primer 12 hours.
· Medium coverage (buildable to full coverage)
· With the right application, can look subtle enough, and the semi-matte finish is gorgeous
· Huge range of color choice, too bad not all color available in Indonesia
· Even tough it has SPF 6, this foundation will not cause a whitecast in flash photography
· No pump, harder to pour the right amount of liquid
· The strong foundation smell, it fades once applied to the skin but for people who sensitive with strong aroma like me, it could be a problem.
· Oxidizes 20–30 minutes after application, but barely noticable and only ½ to 1 tone darker than the initial color
· Good for photography, but for shooting outdoor in the sun, with hot and humid condition, primer is recommended, because withour primer the foundation can become blotchy around oily zone. If you shooting Indoor, this foundation can last long without primer.