Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Beauty, measured by math? or is it really in the eye of the beholder?

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, how golden is thy face…


There is an Old Saying, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, but science said otherwise, beauty defined by golden ratio and symmetry. More symmetrical one’s face, more attractive that person to opposite sex or even for the same sex.
Actually I saw one article where they calculate the ratio which is based on Fibonacci number, and the show people with supposedly perfect face, yes… they look gorgeous, but after two hours, I start to forget how they look like, and what so special about those faces… at home I tried to mirrored one side of my face to see how I look in perfect symmetry, the result… well, let’s say I’m not too happy about that photo..
Enough about me… lol… after managed to scan through celebrity faces on internet I found some of the legendary beauties that somehow doesn’t fit into that mold… 
First My Favorite Brazilian Beauty , Miss Adriana Lima... She has asymmetrical eyes, but her eyes is her greatest assets.... one stare and the next thing you know, you are on your knees....
Adriana Lima

Adriana Lima



One Word;  Spellbinding
Adriana Lima



Another Supermodels with "Flaws" :
Heidi Klum



Alessandra Ambrosio

Rosie Huntington Whiteley

Coco Rocha

And two of my favorite people in Hollywood:

Bradley Cooper

Lucy Liu

Well, the list go on and on... Uma Thurman's Nose, Owen Wilson's Nose, Kate Moss' Lazy Eyes, Paris Hilton's Eyes, and so on... but according to society point of view, those are considered stunning beauties.
I don't know, if it just me,  or is it a fact that their asymmetrical feature that makes them special and stand out from the crowd... because I found those faces are unforgettable no matter what the the science told me about the perfect face... is it really exist? the perfect face that understandable by everyone... or is it just as real as a Unicorn?..





No comments:

Post a Comment