Monday, November 12, 2012

I'm in the MOD for Love

Twiggy - MOD style



Being popularized by tons of fashion icon from Twiggy, to The Beatles, and more recently Victoria Beckham, mod is the style to people who desires to look sharp, dandy, and well groomed while still want to add the playfulness to their look.

Lately I’ve been feeling the mod vibe, perhaps the movies I watched and my recent haircut are to blame for the recent style change.. I replace my leather jacket, ripped jeans, and sleeveless to something more polished, and put together like a turtleneck sweater, black framed glasses and chino pants… but I found a little hard to let go the steel rings and bits of metal from my style.. 

Honestly, this style makes me feel like an Ivy League boy gone artsy, and I don’t hate it, because People start to take me seriously and pay attention when I’m talking…. Well, not that they haven’t, but most of the time the capacity of their ears were not as optimal as their eyes.

Well, there are blurred lines between mod and other similar style such as preppy, but isn’t dressing up is about making you feel good in the inside without constraint your chances to wear what you want?, so give it a touch of your personality to literally make the heads turn when you walk through the door. You only need the artsy MOD touch and your confidence to show who you are without opening your mouth.


Twiggy - Harper's Baazar


Victoria Beckham - MOD Style

Victoria Beckham - MOD Style

Diana Agron - MOD Style - Nylon

MOD Style

No comments:

Post a Comment